Introduction to Ministry
PowerFIT is designed to promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle by offering free workouts that are fun and effective for weight loss as well provide fitness tips to promote healthy living.
To improve the health and wellness of the members of our church body through a program that improves the physical fitness of our members, the practice of healthy living, as well as an increased understanding of a healthy relationship with food and optimal eating behaviors.
I Corinthians 6:19-20 NLT
19. Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself
20. for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
Services & Activities
- Offer free of charge, accessible, and non-threatening work out classes to FBCHP members and members of our community comparable to a fee-for-service gym experience
- Provide nutritional and fitness information session that gives crucial tools to enable participants to make better food and healthy lifestyle choices
- Promote health and wellness in a safe and God-focused atmosphere.
Please see monthly schedule for most up to date information. Click Here
Lynnae Elliotte, MSN, RN, CPAN, Clinical Nurse Educator at a local academic medical center in Baltimore, Maryland , Deaconess, and former Vice President of the Wellness Ministry.
Primary role is to facilitate a safe workout experience for participants, motivate the participants during the workout experience, and provide/facilitate regular health-related information to participants.
PowerFIT Assistant Director
Tanisha Mason, MEd, LPC, LCPC, High School Counselor and Licensed Clinician working in the Washington DC area.
Primary role is to support the Director of the ministry, create adequate workouts for participants ranging from high impact to low impact routines.
Regina Carroll, Legal Assistant at a prominent legal firm in Washington, DC and an active member of the Praise Power Dance Ministry.
Primary role is to support the PowerFit ministry including coordinating the monthly fitness class calendar, maintain sign-in sheets and participant's list, submit work order forms and any other duties as needed.
Tami Hill Upchurch, professionally trained choreographer, certified Zumba instructor, and Former Director of Praise Power (Dance/Interpretive Praise Ministry).
Primary role is to motivate and instruct low to medium impact workout routines AND to speak relevance to the word of God and physical health.
Contact the PowerFIT Ministry through the church office at (301) 773-6655.